Tuesday, February 1, 2011

    It is terribly cold for Colorado's Front Range, so today I am drinking coffee and doing more business work.
On my list of things to get done is:
Get all the way through doing my business plan workbook, even if I don't finish every item in the workbook. That is why I buy sticky notes.

I need to set up my light box do some product photography.  Then I need to add my photos to my products to enhance my listings.

I need to make sure that I have products listed in all of my storefronts.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TangledWood
http://www.artfire.com/users/TangledWood
http://colleen-coppock.artistwebsites.com/

I found Etsy first, so it has the most products but they charge me to list each product and take a percentage of the sales. ArtFire and Artistwebsites do not charge me to list, but they take a higher percentage of the sales.

I need to work on Search Engine Optimization on all my listings.

I need to add a sales button to this blog. I need to learn how to add code to a website to do that. So probably need a book.

I need to research free advertising for my sites. I am my only employer, and I don't have even a shoestring budget for advertising.

I need to update my will. If I am squashed by a beaver cutting down a tree on me tomorrow, my family needs to be able to access all my accounts and shut them down in an orderly fashion. That means I need more organization than the wallpapering of sticky notes on my computer hutch with cryptic scribbles that might be passwords or might be usernames, or heck, might be a grocery list.

I need to continue to sort my 45,000 photos to add to my portfolio. I need to tag the photos and make any edits that are needed so they are ready to use when I need them, not after messing with them for half an hour when I really wanted to upload them and go.

And finally, to make it all worthwhile, I need to go out into the cold and mail a package to a nice lady who bought something from me overnight. Waking up to a sale soothes the artist trapped by the mountains of paperwork. Mmmm....

2 comments:

  1. suddenly my to do list seems much smaller and less frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help, Felted. ;-D What a nice blog you have.

    ReplyDelete